Thursday, September 1, 2005

Rainbow Coil Vase

I made this in Art III during the second semester of my senior year at Wake Forest Rolesville. I was going to enter it in a contest but I didn't finish in time. It got its inspiration from the vertebrae in a spine. Originalyy I was going to make it into a lamp. It is make of rolled up clay coils. It was crazy hard to make. It collapsed several times. If it hadn't collapsed so much It would have been bigger and I would have finished in time for the contest. This is one of my better paint jobs. I was trying to decide between alternating red & white or rainbow but in the end I went with rainbow. I took this to my interview to get into design school and Bong said it would have looked more stable if the colors were reversed with blue on the bottom.

No comments: